- The TJX Companies touts successful fiscal 2014
- JoS. A. Bank stays positive following disappointing second quarter results
- Whirlpool raises full-year guidance following third quarter results
- AutoZone same-store sales lower than expected
- Kohl's lowers fourth-quarter guidance following weak January sales
COLUMBUS, Ohio DSW announced net income of $30.2 million on net sales of $449.5 million for the first quarter ended May 1, compared with net income of $7.1 million on net sales of $385.8 million for the first quarter ended May 2, 2009. Same-store sales increased 16.2% versus a decrease of 4.7% last year.
Diluted earnings per share were 67 cents for the first quarter of fiscal 2010 compared with diluted earnings per share of 16 cents last year.
The company reiterated its estimate of an increase in annual comparable-store sales of approximately 6% to 8% and annual diluted earnings per share of approximately $1.65 to $1.75 for fiscal 2010. The estimated year-over-year earnings increase is expected to occur in the first six months of fiscal 2010. The second half performance implied in the guidance recognizes the more challenging last year comparisons for both sales growth and merchandise margins.