- Former Target exec named merchandising SVP at Family Dollar
- Family Dollar getting executive suite in place before new store, expanded assortment push
- Former Giant Eagle CFO takes talents to Family Dollar
- Family Dollar gets $7.6 billion buyout bid from Peltz
- Family Dollar names SVP apparel, home and seasonal
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar Stores has named Jon Broz to the position of VP and assistant general counsel, litigation. Broz will report to James Snyder, Jr., SVP general counsel and secretary.
“We are excited to have someone with Jon’s breadth of retail litigation experience join our team,” said Snyder. “Jon has a strong reputation for working closely with his clients and seeking creative solutions to resolve disputes quickly and cost effectively.”
Broz comes to Family Dollar from Lowe’s, where he served most recently as VP and assistant general counsel for litigation. Prior to joining Lowe’s, Broz worked for Collective Brands Inc., and previous to that, he was a Litigation Partner at Husch & Eppenberger (now Husch Blackwell Sanders) in Kansas City, Mo. Broz earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and his Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas. He was also a member of the University of Kansas Law Review.