- RadioShack rolls out new concept stores, goes ‘retro’ in Fort Worth, Texas
- Amazon’s quest to be most price-competitive retailer on Web
- Regional grocer Brookshire names new merchandising VP
- RadioShack taps former Dollar General exec as financial chief
- RadioShack hit hard in Q4, store closures planned
FORT WORTH, Texas RadioShack announced that Mary Ann Doran has been named SVP human resources. She is responsible for RadioShack's overall policy and strategy related to human resources. Doran reports to Julian Day, chairman and CEO.
"We're pleased to have Mary Ann join our leadership team," Day said. "Her depth of retail experience and her passion for training and development will advance our commitment to delivering a smart, helpful in-store experience that addresses the changing needs of our customers and maintains The Shack's leadership position in mobility."
Doran joins RadioShack after serving as SVP human resources for Zale Corp. in Irving, Texas, where she had worked since 1996. Doran's earlier experiences in human resources also include The Bombay Company, of Fort Worth, Texas, and the Jordan Marsh Stores Corp. of Boston, a regional department-store chain that ultimately joined the Macy's organization.