- Stein Mart to open six new stores ahead of holiday season
- Stein Mart appoints new director of e-commerce following solid first quarter
- Stein Mart marks ninth consecutive quarter of positive sales
- Stein Mart reports positive March sales despite bad weather
- Stein Mart’s August sales bolstered by Texas locations
Stein Mart experienced strong sales in linens, ladies' boutique, gifts, ladies' career sportswear and women's in September, which bolstered the company’s total sales for the month.
Total sales were $112.20 million, an increase of 7.3% compared to September 2012. Comparable store sales increased 5% compared to last September’s increase of 2.4%.
Sales in ladies' accessories, men's furnishings, ladies' casual sportswear and petites were more challenged for the month. Geographically, September sales were strongest in Florida, the Southeast and California, while the Midwest and Northeast performed lower than the chain.
The company operated 263 stores at the end of September this year compared to 261 stores last year. Three stores were opened this month and one store located in Colorado Springs, Colo., was relocated to an improved site. The new stores are located in Buford (Atlanta), Ga.; El Paso, Texas; and Elk Grove (Sacramento), Calif.