San Francisco -- A report by Reuters said that U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer on Friday said he was "seriously concerned" about whether the female plaintiffs suing Wal-Mart Stores have sufficient evidence to proceed with their re-filed gender discrimination lawsuit.
The group is again filing suit against Wal-Mart for allegedly denying them pay raises and promotions for gender-related reasons. The original class action suit of as many as 1.5 million current and former Wal-Mart employers was dismantled by the U.S. Supreme Court last year.
The group filed a reformulated lawsuit in a San Francisco federal court in October, saying they were confining their allegations to California.
At the Friday hearing, Breyer said the plaintiffs could only move forward with a refiled lawsuit if they could show new evidence to overcome the Supreme Court's criticisms. And Breyer said he had "difficulty" seeing where the plaintiffs had come up with that evidence.